Renee Yee Interiors is growing and we’re looking to hire an Assistant Designer! If you’re a college graduate with a degree in interior design, or a related field, this could be your dream job!
We are looking for a mature, self-starter with great people skills. The ideal person will have a combination of excellent customer service, time management and problem-solving skills. Your day-to-day interaction involves working with our office colleagues, as well as our awesome clients, contractors and partners. You will be expected to pay close attention to every detail, and be willing to do tasks both large and small - everything from breaking down boxes to designing a room.
This position is part-time to start, with the potential for full-time in the near future.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
-Help Principal with client management, and design.
-Assist with creating concept boards, tear sheets and other presentation materials.
–Obtain pricing and formal quotes on product and textiles .
–Enter quotes and orders in-to project management system.
–Creation of schedules and coordination of product specifications.
–Errands as needed and other duties as needed on a project basis.
-Live locally and have a car to schlep samples (we are in San Antonio, TX).
Must Have Qualifications:
– 1-2 years in an interior design office or design showroom.
– Experience using MAC office applications and Google Suites a MUST.
– Experience using Chief Architect (or other 3D software), AutoCAD and IVY a PLUS, but not required.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Must have excellent time management skills, be organized, and be able to multi-task and perform under pressure.
– A good sense of humor is always a PLUS.
– Has own car with a clean driving record.
If this sounds like your dream job please send cover letter and resume, along with a sample of your work (mood board, link to portfolio or Instagram handle) to email@example.com. We’re looking for something that makes you stand out, and to get a sense of your design style.